Sunday, July 26, 2009

An Awesome Comic-Con Sketch! (Not Really.)

On my road trip to San Diego, I ended up in a doctor's office, in Oklahoma City. (I'm fine. Thank you for your moment of curiosity.) The doctor explained things to me as he drew on the rolling paper that covers the examination table. I asked if I could keep it. He said, "Sure," as he graciously torn it out and signed it. It's pretty big. 10.5" x 10.5".

The story gets more complex. I didn't make it to San Diego, but it doesn't end sadly. I ended up having a great vacation in the Palo Duro Canyon, Texas, and the Rocky Mountains, Colorado! Here's a couple of pictures from it...


6 comments:

Denis said...

Having experienced Comic Con for the first and so far only time last year, I'm not sure weather I should commiserate or congratulate you on avoiding this years one. It is an epically awesome experience that scarred me for life (can't wait to get the chance to go back, though!) :D

On the other hand, those two photos are possibly the best short sequence of images I've seen this year! Fantastic.

Hope you enjoyed your vacation, and I'm glad to hear all is good.

Norrin2 said...

I'm not sure what that "sketch" is supposed to be. It looks like a big-headed baby wearing a bonnet.

Warren Ludwig said...

And you didn't even mention that giant out in the desert canyon that was about to crush the mighty tree in your photo. Must've been the heat...

Glad you salvaged a good vacation trip.

Richard J. Marcej said...

Were you attempting to drive from Kansas City to the San Diego Con like I did back in '98 (or was it '99?).

Kerry Callen said...

Yep. Only, but I was only along for the ride. I bailed as not to slow my friend down. My suggestion/decision, not his.

As vacations go, it was probably not the crazy fun of Comic-Con that I've had in the past, but I suspect it was more relaxing. Which, actually, was nice...

Anna-Maria said...

If all doctors doodled on exam-tables, maybe we'd find a way out of the health-care morass we're in.

Glad you had a nice vacation after all. Wives rock.